Middle/High School Math Instructional Consultants
The Center for Educational Innovation (CEI), a national non-profit organization headquartered in New York City, is seeking secondary instructional educational consultants in Middle/ High School Mathematics for its work in New York City and the Tri-State area. Qualified candidates must have extensive experience and expertise in supporting schools in high levels of student achievement in secondary math using a collaborative approach.
Position Summary: The consultant’s scope of work will revolve around providing support and professional development to teachers, coaches and leaders focused on the designing, enacting and reflecting on mathematics lessons, which includes assessing student work and it related data to achieve student improvement.
- Conduct a needs analysis of schools, analyzing data, observing instruction and reviewing curriculum materials to develop an action plan for schools.
- Support multifaceted professional development for teachers that is aligned with to the needs of the school and is grounded in student achievement.
- Guide and support teachers and teams in core mathematical content to coach them on instructional delivery, lesson plans and the use of assessment to inform instruction.
- Guide, support and facilitate teachers’ capacity to effectively implement a Common Core aligned mathematics curriculum.
- Developing and guiding teacher teams to support instruction and student learning.
- Develop coaches within schools to impact culture and build capacity for teacher and student growth in math instruction and learning.
- Guide teachers and teams through data-driven inquiry cycles to effectively use assessments, including interim assessment data, to inform and target instruction.
- Assist teachers to develop and differentiation to make curriculum assessable to all students including Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners.
Education: Bachelor’s in education or related field
Minimum of 10 years of recent teaching experience
Master’s degree in education
- Lesson Study Facilitation
School Leader Coaching
Data inquiry/ data use processes for school improvement as it relates to Mathematics
Current research on pedagogy
Salary: Competitive, daily consultant rate.
Start Date: Immediate
All qualified candidates should email a letter of interest and a resume by September 8, 2017.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CEI welcomes applications from all candidates and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity/expression, disability, religion age, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard public assistance, or socioeconomic class.