CEI is a Charter Support Organization (CSO) that provides independent charter schools
with the resources they need to operate and educate effectively.
CEI Supports Independent Charter Schools.
CEI has been helping create and develop effective charter schools since the advent of charter legislation in the late 1990s.
From helping launch New York’s first charter school, Sisulu-Walker Charter School of Harlem (1999) to leading large-scale, federally-funding charter school improvement initiatives through the 2010s, CEI has been at the forefront of the charter school movement.
Our singular focus is on providing support to independent charter schools so that they can successfully meet the goals of their unique charter missions.
Charter Support Organization (CSO)
The CSO provides public charter schools with the support they need to operate and educate effectively in line with their school’s specific mission.
Within a CSO, the leaders of the individual schools continue to make all management decisions; CEI provides resources and tools that schools need to make the best decisions while also serving as a uniquely centralizing force for independent, public charter school educators.
As a CSO, CEI offers:
Vision of the CSO:
Independent charter schools will actively participate in a CEI-facilitated community to develop and implement effective practices and receive technical assistance with the ultimate outcome of increased opportunities and achievement for students.
– – – –
Goals of the CSO:
Improve the capacity of educators to implement effective practices
Support the sustainability of successful charter schools through technical assistance
Joining the Charter Support Organization
CEI is encouraging school leaders of independent charter schools to join our CSO.
There are two tiers of support for schools: affiliate and member.
Level 1: Affiliate ($1,000/yr)
- Network grant-writing; notification of grant opportunities and invitations to application cohorts
- For school leaders: access to a network of fellow independent charter school leaders
- 10% off all services, including: Charter School Replication, Renewal, Expansion, All of CEI’s on-site coaching and professional development.
Level 2: Membership ($2,000/yr)
Includes All Affiliate Benefits Plus
- Access to the organized collective buying power of CSO members (for PD, technology, resources etc.)
- Opportunities to join across-school, collaborative, targeted Professional Learning Communities (e.g. ELL Roundtable)
- A Ticket to the Annual CEI Benefit Dinner (value: $650)
Contact Courtney McCall for more information: email@example.com